Parents Right to Know
As a parent, you have the right to know (upon request):
- The professional qualifications of your child's teachers including the degrees and certifications
- Whether the teacher is certified in their respective area of instruction
- If your child has been assigned or has been taught for at least four consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the highly qualified definition
- The level of achievement of your child in each area of the state assessment
- Right to be involved in the planning and implementation of the Family Engagement Program at your child’s school.