- If a student misses 4 or more periods that student is considered missing a full day.
- If a student misses 15 minutes or more of a class that student is absent from that class.
- The school must receive a written and signed note from the parent/guardian or a doctor’s excuse within 5 days of the student returning to school for the absence to be marked EXCUSED. (Emails from parent are not accepted unless scanned with signature.)
- Students are allowed 5 parent excuses for the year but unlimited doctor’s notices. After 5 parent excuses, without a doctor excuse, it will be considered unexcused.
- The Attendance notification policy set up by the Bulloch County Board of Education is as follows:
- 5 Unexcused Absences - Parents/Guardians will receive a letter discussing importance and policy of attendance.
- 7 Unexcused Absences – Parent/Guardian will receive a meeting notification with school administration.
- 10 Unexcused Absences – Parent/Guardian will receive a notification to attend a hearing.
- Inform or remind your student to drop excuses in the front office daily.