Media Specialist Collaborative
Media Specialist Collaboration – FDRESA – Hinesville – March 23rd
Why Should You Use Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is great for teachers, but it’s also a good tool for media specialists. This session will cover the basics for using Google Classroom as well as showing how it can be a useful tool for library media specialists.
Ideas for Media Specialists:
- Share information with professional learning community.
- Create a list of research sources. Differentiate the list by group, reading level, class, and more.
- Post announcements for students and faculty.
- Encourage and model digital citizenship via peer-to-peer interaction that is documented.
- Provide professional training for staff.
- Streamline cross-curricular or cross-grade projects with teachers. Classes can have multiple teachers.
- Publish commonly-accessed websites to make sure everyone has same access, same documents, same links, and same information.
- Create discussion boards without cluttering the stream.
- Promote school-to-school interactions across the district.
- Create a listing of instructional programs with links to access. Classroom is a great place to provide school-specific passwords in a private setting.
- Provide staff with technology support(knowledge base) for district specific software.
- Create class for Yearbook Club or Book Club. Classroom provides a forum for communication.
2011 Averitt Center for the Arts Show